The 4M Mentor Mothers Network is an African migrant women-led network that supports women living with HIV throughout their perinatal journey and beyond, to ensure their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
This paper by the 4M Mentor Mothers Network is based on their collective knowledge and experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. The paper aims to:
- Present extracts from existing guidance related to COVID-19.
- Share how the 4M Mentor Mothers Network has addressed the issues that have come up for women and how they have provided support.
- Observe outstanding intersectional issues that need to be addressed.
- Highlight some key background facts pre-dating, but exacerbated by, COVID-19.
- Share existing multi-sectoral guidance responses and recommendations from the 4M Mentor Mothers Network, to ensure their priorities are in focus.
4M Mentor Mothers Network CIC & Salamander Trust. (2020). Confinement: Women, HIV, and pregnancy during the 2020 COVID-19 lockdown in the UK.